What the hell is the 99% really, and who decided to lump my ass into their silly equation?

I do love a good protest no matter the cause.  As I’ve said in the past, they make me smile and they remind me what a great country America really is.  I would begrudge no group the opportunity to put on display their 1st Amendment Rights  in a peaceful and law abiding way.  But this Occupy INSERT NAME HERE deal has The Pissed Off Tree Rat lost deep in contemplation.  It’s the whole 99 percent thing that apparently I’m lumped into.   While in itself that concept is inherently wrong, as I would be the obvious choice for Despotic Ruler of any new form of society,  I just can’t come to grips with the whole point.  But I digress so lets get back to it.

According to the occasionally accurate Wikipedia the 99% are defined as:

We are the 99%“, refers to thedifference in wealth and income growth in the U.S. between the wealthiest 1% and the rest of the population.

     OK…………  So it’s  purely money thing then.  I’ll ignore the entire randomness of the rest of the socialist drivel you hear in OWS interviews  and focus on the apparent intent of the 99% as screwed over victims of the evil banking industry that has destroyed or lives.  Here’s a good summation of my issue with this:

As it turns out, the bottom 99 percent of the United States doesn’t make the top 1 percent of household incomes worldwide — but it comes surprisingly close. Branko Milanovic, lead economist for the World Bank research group, sent me this comparative analysis based on household income or consumption surveys worldwide, adjusted for purchasing power differences. Those at the 34th percentile of income in the United States are at the 90th percentile globally, and those at the 50th percentile in the United States are at the 93rd percentile globally. Even the very poorest Americans — those at the 2nd percentile of income in the United States — are at the 62nd percentile globally.

     So in reality while the “OWS 99%” are grousing on about the statistically questionable “1%” are actually in fact themselves  “The Evil Greedy Global Criminal Top 39%” who are consuming their fat assed lazy way through the planet on the backs of the rest of the 61%.  It’s all a matter of perspective of where you sit folks.    The Gods honest truth is that we haven’t been criminally abused by the banks and are better off than most of the rest of the world in general.

Sure it sucks when you can’t pay your mortgage or credit card. But guess what?  That’s not the banks fault, it’s yours and mine.   The banks do not force money into your hand at a 14% interest rate unless you ask then too. If the banks get caught doing something “illegal” there are already laws.  Hell, we’re not exactly a country that skimps on banking regulations folks.   It sucks when you can’t get a job.   But that’s another post and I’m still trying to find out who decided to lump my ass into their silly 99% equation?  I’d like to be excluded from that random grouping as I represent my own damn self and not some member of The Evil Greedy Global Criminal 39% that spends his/her days sleeping in a tent in the middle of a traffic circle.

About The Pissed Off Tree Rat

http://pissedofftreerat.com/
This entry was posted in Politics and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a comment, or the Zombies will eat you........

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s